We strive to proactively be involved in the community in a variety of ways and respond to questions and concerns in a timely and transparent manner.
Our mark in the community
We believe in achieving greatness together. This is why we work closely with communities, in order to find out their needs and help them succeed. Our projects aim at leaving a mark on the communities and making a change. Our employees are always ready to help and are actively involved in different social activities and we encourage them to propose and manage environmental, health and charity initiatives.
Smurd Partnership For Life
SMURD has organized first aid training sessions for over 600 employees from within the Group, from Bucharest, Constanta, Ploiesti, Craiova and Zalau.
In the 8 years of partnership, the Group via Rompetrol Refinery:
- has provided over 900 tons of Jet A1 fuel for the helicopters used in emergency rescues that led to the saving of more than 5000 lives
- Has purchased the first ambulatory extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO) device from Romania, used in heart or lung failure in order to provide enough oxygen to the patient while allowing time for the heart and lungs to rest or heal, that can also be used during the transfer of the patient
- Has purchased uniforms for 750 medical volunteers at a national level
- Has supplied the crew of the Romanian General Inspectorate for Emergency Situations (ISU) / the Mobile Emergency Service for Resuscitation and Extrication (SMURD) Bihor with the only support system in Romania which provides assistance during emergency rescue missions, with a database of over 22.000 auto models, diminishing the extrication time and reducing the risks for both the victims and the rescuers
- Has sponsored the construction of the first heliport on the roof of a hospital from Romania (The County Hospital of Oradea), cutting the transfer time of the patients who are in a critical condition
The total value of the endorsements offered by KMG International exceeds 1 million euros. We are highly proud of this partnership!
Donations For Colectiv Club Fire Victims
KMG Rompetrol joined the national effort to help the victims of the tragic event that took place at Club Colectiv, on Friday night, October 30, and donated through the “Mereu Aproape” Foundation. In our effort to invest in health projects, we also purchased and donated 2 plasma coolers to the National Blood Transfusion Institute, that meet European norms, as well as technical and medical furniture for laboratories.
Kazakh Film Festival
KMG International is actively involved in cultural programs and projects designed to promote the social and cultural values of Romania and Kazahstan, both nationally and internationally. In this respect, bringing the Kazakh Film Festival to Romania was a very inspired idea, one appreciated by cinema goers. Taking into consideration the rich and proud history of Kazakhstan and its incredibly diverse population of over 130 ethnic groups, KMG International, together with the Embassy of the Republic of Kazakhstan in Romania, organized the Kazakh Film Festival in Bucharest, an event that greatly contributed to the cultural exchange between the two countries.
Arman Mourzagaliyev Extraordinary Concert
Supporting and promoting the activity of the Orchestra of Princess Margareta of Romania Foundation, which offered, on December 5, 2015, an extraordinary concert together with the Kazakh violinist Arman Mourzagaliyev on the stage of the Romanian Athenaeum is proof of our implication in Romania’s cultural life by building bridges between Kazakhstan and Romania. The concert was part of the company’s initiative to support young talents on the Romanian cultural scene and promote the cultural exchange between Romania and Kazakhstan.
- In 2013, Cleaning the beach close to Navodari camp and Petromidia platform, on the occasion of the World Environment Day – where around 100 employees from the industrial Petromidia platform collected plastic, glass and metal waste from a beach area of about 2 kilometers. With the support of local authorities, the waste was subject to selection and recycling;
- In 2017, creating a green space in Navodari – roughly 70 employees from the industrial Petromidia platform created a green corner in Navodari (3000 m2) on the occasion of the World Environment Day with the help of local authorities;
- In 2016 over 150 of our employees from KMGI headquarters in Bucharest and the Petromidia platform, alongside community members, local authorities and journalists, volunteered to plant 2,200 willows and oleaster trees in Corbu village, Constanța County.
Blood donations- Blood donation 55 employees at the headquarters in Bucharest donated blood to be used in hospitals across the country to save patients undergoing surgery, oncological treatment or who require blood products.
Donations- Donations of toys, food and clothes for Children’s Day (June the 1st) and Christmas, for children coming from lowincome families;
- Directing the 2% income tax – 280 persons sent their 2% annual contributions, to be further directed to partner NGOs with which we collaborate: SMURD, Hospice Casa Sperantei, Magicamp Foundation, Orchestra of Princess Margareta of Romania Foundation and the Humanitarian Association MAME;
- Workshop “Principles for healthy living and exercise”;
- Celebration of Earth Hour and international days currently observed by the United Nations.
- The establishment of the first respiratory rehabilitation center within the Constanța Pneumophtisiology Hospital.
- Donation of funds for equipment needed at the dental office that serves the local schools in Năvodari, Romania.
- The implementation of a photovoltaic solar powered lighting system at the Grigore Moisil School in Năvodari, Romania.
- Sponsorship of multiple cleanup activities in the degraded areas of our local communities.